As part of SLA’s staged COVID 19 resumption plan, SLA will be resuming a limited number of new client appointments beginning the week of July 20, 2020. New client appointments will be conducted with our SLA summer student caseworkers remotely by computer link on Zoom.
To book an appointment time, please either submit the online request form by clicking on “REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT”; or contact the SLA office by telephone at 403-220-6637.
SLA’s office at the University campus remains closed to the public. Please do not attend at the SLA Offices as Murray Fraser Hall remains locked.
Please note the following regarding SLA’s upcoming blackout periods and closures, where SLA Caseworkers are unavailable for intakes and court appearances:
- August 24, 2020 – September 28, 2020
- November 9 – 13, 2020
- December 7, 2020 – January 22, 2021
- February 15 – 19, 2021
- April 8, 2021 – May 14, 2021
Booking An Appointment
- Intake appointments are booked on a first come first serve basis.
- There is a one-time application fee of $50 (except for U of C Undergrads, they get the services for free)
- The SLA office is open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The SLA office is closed on week-ends and statutory holidays.
- Caseworkers do not provide legal information over the phone. In order to obtain summary information or access legal information and representation, clients must first attend an intake appointment.
Student Legal Assistance operates year round. Please note that Caseworkers cannot make Court appearances for you during examination time periods.